The Angry Grandpa Show has had multiple complications since the beginning including relationships of people involved with the videos and the fans' reception of the show. Fans have often noted late 2014/early 2015 to be the start of the decline in quality of the series and the death of Angry Grandpa in mid-December 2017 to be the start of the serious decline in quality of the series.
OverviewRecently, content uploaded has a considerably bigger negative reception than years previous. This is due to a collection of reasons:
- Misleading Content - Misleading content has been a trend on Angry Grandpa content, especially on the KidBehindACamera channel. This is when Michael uploads a vlog with a dramatic thumbnail and title, which is usually inaccurate to the actual premise to the video. Misleading content became even more frequent on Michael's channels following the death of Angry Grandpa.
- Time-Padding - This particularly plagues the vlog channels, many videos released by Michael generally exceed 10 minutes. This is because most of the videos are filled with irrelevant filler intentionally to satisfy algorithmic promotion for advertising, leading to multiple complaints, and many making time-stamps in the comments sections directing people to a part of the video relevant to the video's title.
- Monetization Neutering - As YouTube has become less tolerant of vulgar content, and will consistently demonetize videos and channels for certain factors such as swearing, Angry Grandpa related content had become less vulgar towards the last few months of Angry Grandpa's life. This also is present in much content made by Michael, where swearing has very little prominence. Things of this nature has caused Michael and Bridgette to no longer showcase their daughter Mia Green to be compliant with the recent implementation of COPPA into YouTube, which could've potentially resulted in comments being disabled on their videos.
- Title-Changing - For unknown reasons, Michael has a tendency to retroactively change the title of a video, this is generally done on the KidBehindACamera channel. An example of this was the "SLEEPING WITH BRIDGETTE'S MOM!" video, where the title was originally "SEDUCING BRIDGETTE'S MOM", then changed to "I'M IN LOVE WITH BRIDGETTE'S MOM", then changed to the current title in the span of two days. Often times, detractors of Michael's will state the previous title in the comments section.
- Repetitive Content - This has been a trend on the Angry Grandpa channel as well as the KidBehindACamera channel. A common instance was the "Grandpa gets robbed" prank, where Michael and Bridgette intended to steal possessions of grandpa's so as to get a reaction out of him. A secondary trend was for this prank to fail. A more recent example is the "We broke up" vlog, which usually suggests Bridgette and Michael are breaking up, but often is completely unrelated.
- Negative Viewer Engagement - Due to Michael's (and Bridgette's) attitude mostly existent in older videos, he had a tendency of engaging in arguments, and insults with haters and upset fans. An infamous example of this was in the "Happy Birthday" video, in which this was a vlog posted by Michael after the "Pickleboy's Birthday Surprise!" video, where Michael films the aftermath of Grandpa stealing his WWE action figures, his Undertaker Ministry Outfit can be seen, resembling a black dildo from the angle he shot it at, causing haters to say he has a dildo, this resulted in him making a video calling them out called "Big Black Dildo?". A more recent example is the "Delete.mp4" video, where at the 8 minute 25 second mark, he rants about haters calling his content clickbait, and claims that his content is not clickbait. It is believed as of October 2019 that Michael, or a fan of his (possibly sent by him), is vandalizing this page, often times resulting in all of the comments being deleted and constant redirects with inappropriate/Immature titles such as "LICK MY BUTTHOLE" for example. Take note of this in the future. Ordinarily, Michael will not directly engage with haters or upset fans, and will either ignore negative feedback, or will remove it.
- Lack of Commitment - An extension of negative viewer engagement, often this involves not following through with promises made by Michael/Bridgette. A first controversial example was Bridgette's refusal to dress as a princess with a tiara, a part that she was supposed to play in the 150,000 subscriber special on the TheAngryGrandpaShow channel. A more recent example being Michael and Bridgette's complete failure to exercise and diet, made apparent with their considerable growth in obesity and very poor dieting, with towers of pizza boxes often visible in videos. The most controversial example is the continuing failure to upload the "Unreleased AGP videos", a promise he has made since AGP had passed away.
- Tasteless Content - A more recent issue in videos relating to Angry Grandpa in an unfortunately literal sense, mostly involving Grandpa's Urn or his dream car. These videos have resulted in unprecedented negative reception on content relating to KidBehindACamera with over 27% of the ratings being dislikes on the "Grandpa's Ashes Were Stolen" video, 25% on the "Grandpa's Dream Car was Destroyed" video, and 34% on McJuggerNugget's video. In recent times, Michael has made videos of sexually suggestive nature (atleast in the misleading titles) between himself and people in his sphere, ie Bridgette's mother, his sisters, etc.
- False Image - A major critical point in the family's flaws are their false images. Users like Roasted Studios have criticized the channel for involving abuse, especially in their older videos, and then changing their overall image for the better when they got popular so that they won't be taken down, as well as to distract people from the older videos. One notable issue is when the family claimed that Grandpa had served in the US Army during the Vietnam War, and Michael McCrudden did include that in his "Before They Were Famous" video on Angry Grandpa. However, multiple documents and articles have shown that Grandpa had not served in the military at all. As of 2020, the family has yet to comment on this issue and probably never will.
- January 8, 2012 - Angry Grandpa announced that he had officially ended his marriage with Tina, after 30 unhappy years (though this wouldn't be finalized until May 25.) A majority of Angry Grandpa videos in 2010-2012 were mainly centered around him abusing his wife, leading Grandpa to be less temperamental, though she still occasionally visits.
- March 14, 2012 - Michael and Bridgette move into their own apartment, meaning there would be less videos of Angry Grandpa, with Michael being the cameraman. This also led to Angry Grandpa raging less.
- December 27, 2012 - Aunt Charlene passes away 3 months after Angry Grandpa posts a video saying she is in the hospital and her health was declining. This saddened him into another reason why he hates Christmas because he also lost other close family members around this time of year.
- January 12, 2013 - Angry Grandpa resorts to entertainment by listening to iHeartRadio on his phone since Comcast cut his service due to refusing to pay a $350 cable bill. Michael offers to pay the bill for him, but Bridgette refuses to allow him to pay for it, which causes a huge argument in the trailer to ensue. While Bridgette and Angry Grandpa exchange a war of words, Jennifer barges in a rage, screaming at Bridgette to not yell at her dad. Bridgette responds by calling her a bitch and telling her to get a job, angering Jennifer to where she was ready to attack Bridgette. Michael kept the two apart, and Bridgette leaves the trailer in a rage, leaving Michael at his father's house.
- January 19, 2013 (Video uploaded January 21, 2013) - One week after the cable bill argument, Angry Grandpa, Michael, and Bridgette met up at Sub Station II to make an apology on what happened, as well as future plans to avoid another conflict. Angry Grandpa tried to pay for his dinner, but with only $3, the couple had no choice but to pay for his meal. After discovering Angry Grandpa has barely watched any TV, and has another high bill coming up, this makes Bridgette more angry inside, and told Michael they could have thrown $350 out the window. Angry Grandpa considered it as an IOU for his old age and pranks in the past. He finished only half his meal to be full, and gets loud inside the restaurant, causing the owner to tell him he has to be quiet. Bridgette says cable is a luxury and not a necessity and if he wants it he will have to find his own way to pay for it, with Michael agreeing with her. Angry Grandpa refused to apologize, and the couple agreed not to pay the bill the next time because of his unappreciative attitude, causing him to leave the restaurant, get into his van, and swerve out of the parking lot, leaving them behind. (Videos were not uploaded from any channel for quite a while.)
- January 27, 2013 - Michael (filmed by Bridgette) uploaded a new mini series titled "Fat Kid" which featured him throwing a tantrum over WWE Royal Rumble 2013. The reception for this was mixed, with many arguing that it was staged, seeing Michael with a more hostile and violent personality similar to that of Angry Grandpa's. It went viral and gained a Million views in 5 days and is currently at 1.5 Million along with 1,300 dislikes. Bridgette posted her video response saying it is not a big deal and tells Michael he's sorry that WWE doesn't care about him or any other fans. The video has gained 200,000 views so far.
- January 31, 2013 - A video was uploaded, this time featuring Michael raging about GTA V's release date being pushed to September. This was met with an extremely negative reaction, with the dislikes reaching past 4,000.
- March 16, 2013 - After many videos from Michael's channel, KidBehindACamera, has gained more dislikes and likes, he is now advertising about UFC merchandise, other websites, voting to be in a rap song, disgusting food reviews, etc. Many people comment to him about being a sellout to get more views for money. People ask to see more AGP and Tina videos, but no avail.
- April 23, 2013 - Michael posted a video on his channel ranting about the United States Healthcare. This has caused MAJOR controversies with his cooking videos as well as even Angry Grandpa's, displaying that their food is by far unhealthy. Even Bridgette posted in the comments saying that she supports Michael's opinion due to the fact that the Obamacare is working, and if Romney was elected, no one would have healthcare. Fans even argued with Michael saying that he and Grandpa have already been set in stone by the government's plan of them being on welfare, while still able to collect computers, blue-rays, wrestling merchandise, etc., as well as grabbing attention for money since the video is called "Fat Kid Pissed Off About Healthcare.".
- June 26, 2014 - It was noticed that on the website SocialBlade (YouTube channel statistics website) that there has been a high number of YouTube users who have unsubscribed from The Angry Grandpa Show and related channels. The most likely cause is how Angry Grandpa was able to get a very new van to replace his older one all because "the air conditioning was not working", when only 10 months prior, he was saying he couldn't pay for his new trailer's rent per month. Fans may feel that they are commercializing on their YouTube money, where Michael was able to get a much bigger house than his last, for Bridgette to get a brand new car, Grandpa to get a newer van, Michael buying Angry Grandpa multiple expensive HDTV's, Michael buying Angry Grandpa a marble kitchen table, among other things. On June 26, 2014, TheAngryGrandpaShow lost 661 subscribers, GrandpasCorner lost 258 subscribers, and BridgetteWest lost 82 subscribers. (KidBehindACamera oddly enough did not lose any subscribers).
- Multiple Times - Pickleboys' videos called 'Fat Kid Cries About ______' have ruined the reputation of KidBehindACamera and he is getting many dislikes and hateful comments.
- Fans are questioning whether or not if the videos uploaded to Bridgette's channel are uploaded by her personally. In the video where she is trying to install a new shower head, she tells Michael she does not want it to show up online. Yet, it was uploaded to her own video channel after she said she didn't want it online.
- Fans have been waiting desperately for Bridgette to have her part in the 200,000 Subscriber humiliation of having her in a princess outfit with tiara, dress, and gloves to go on a dinner date with Michael and Grandpa. The long wait has caused fans to fluctuate out of control with dislikes and unsubscribing. A couple of weeks ago, Bridgette posted a video on her channel saying she is still going to do the video, and is looking for a dress due to the amount of money it costs. One fan said that she runs a tailor and will give her a free white princess gown, but she did not respond back. Recently around August 10, 2013, that video has been removed by Bridgette, which caused severe disappointment in fans, suggesting that she has backed out of the humiliation.
- Since the month of October began, Michael said that he would be putting out more scare pranks on Angry Grandpa due to the Halloween season and these videos have received a large amount of likes and some positive reaction but the number of claims that state that these videos are fake have risen.
- Since the "Happy Birthday" video was posted by Michael (which shows a undertaker ministry outfit which was at first mistaken for a dildo), there have been a steady number of accounts rising that use the KidBehindACamera template but take a play on it by usually putting in the phrase "dildo" or some other offensive slur or derogatory term in order to ruin the image of the channel and Michael himself.
- In recent times, it has been observed that many of the videos posted on any of the channels nowadays contain content that people don't care to ever watch, unlike the most famous videos that have drawn people to watch them in the first place.
- It is skeptical about why a certain event needs several videos posted on several different YouTube channels, such as "Aftermath" videos, "Deleted Scenes" videos, when they can all be tied together in one video.
- Fans may feel that Michael is running out of prank ideas and repeating them over again. A prank that has been repeated more than once would be Tina moving back in with Angry Grandpa.
- April 18, 2015 - For the one million subscriber milestone, Grandpa, Michael, and Bridgette went to get tattoos. Michael got the Angry Grandpa logo on his arm, Bridgette got a princess tiara tattoo on her foot, and Grandpa was supposed to get a motorcycle tramp stamp tattoo. However, Michael and Bridgette tricked Grandpa and instead he got a bio-hazard tattoo with the phrase "My ass stinks" under it. This caused Grandpa to go into an infuriating path of destruction in the tattoo shop, breaking one of the electric guitars in the shop, causing all three to be banned from the shop. Knowing that the tattoo prank was all Michael’s idea, Grandpa banished Michael from his property and his life for three weeks, ignoring him completely and rejecting any attempts of apologies. Fans have scolded Michael furiously about how this is not a prank, but a very cruel act. Michael still thought Grandpa would get over it, but fans doubted it. Grandpa had threatened to call the police when Michael tried going in his window. This caused Grandpa to send in a restraining order request to keep Michael 500 feet away from him.
- June 16, 2015 - On June 15th, Michael and Bridgette get into a serious argument after he breaks her iPhone two days ago, and Bridgette locked him outside in the backyard, pranking him into thinking that she is trying to kill him, and refuses to stop and let him back in until Michael tells her about what happened where he had chose to refused. She accepts his apology and warns him never to get her anger started with her iPhone and the vomit from the peanuts where Grandpa had delivered it. Grandpa angrily comes over the next day and destroys Michael's Wrestling room, claiming that Michael is too big to play with toys, because Michael didn't show up at his house to help him with his Internet. This caused Michael and Bridgette to get into another fight, and this time, about Grandpa. Bridgette berates Michael furiously about how he let his dad come over and break one of their private possessions, and then claims that she is tired of Grandpa destroying Michael's stuff to hurt his feelings, which that only mentions in "Pickleboy Gets a Present". She wants the fans to prove her point that she is not a "crazy bitch" when they see the video of "Grandpa's Toy Room Meltdown" after it was uploaded. In the next video, being angered about the situation of the fight over Grandpa's destruction and her broken iPhone which Michael's apology was declined, Bridgette left the house to go to her mom's, leaving Michael alone to survey the damage to his Wrestling room, and rejects his phone calls and didn't come home until night time. The video does not show Bridgette leaving the house at the beginning, because she also doesn't want to come back to Michael's vlog until the next two days.
- The lack of " ____ VS. Angry Grandpa " videos, where he rages at people via stuff.
- The New Trailer (possibly). That or grandpa's house.
- Michael constantly doing vlogs about food, cooking & eating.
- Bridgette interrupting vlogs.
- RayWilliamJohnson's comments about the videos, calling them "fake and gay".
- September 4, 2015 - Michael visited Grandpa to help him unload bags of charcoal from the van, and stated that he cook way too much. As Michael tried to back Grandpa up, he accidentally drove too far, right into the walls of the pool, causing it to split and leak water. Angry at his son, Grandpa took the shovel from the shed and stabbed the pool even more, causing it to leak more. The whole garden had been flooded, Since then, Grandpa started sleeping outside in the tent like the McJuggerNuggets, trying to make Michael feel bad. Fans have told Michael that he kicked Grandpa out of the house, but he said he didn't. What Michael did is that he threw out an empty jet threat because he didn't want Grandpa to some many power tools, because Grandpa almost cut his finger off with the chainsaw, so when he told Grandpa to give him the power tools or leave,he thought he'd give him the power tools and that he didn't mean live in the yard. Grandpa destroyed the wooden deck of the pool to make campfires and keep himself warm, and this makes Michael angry. It went on for a couple of weeks until Michael and Bridgette burnt his tent down, forcing him to sleep in the house again. After moving back in, Grandpa made rules of his 10 Demandments for Michael, who was not happy with these rules and vows not to follow them.
- November 5, 2015 - Grandpa flips out on Michael when his stress levels reach an all time high. Michael wants to go over to Grandpa's house and get the blow out on film. Grandpa destroys the kitchen when he can't find vanilla to put into his Thanksgiving pie, leading Grandpa to piss Michael off, causing Michael to take anger out on Bridgette or treat her like shit on the 9th of November. On the 13th, when Michael is about to show Grandpa the video of the AGP Montage, because he ask the fans for his assistance, Grandpa hammers Michael's new iPad Pro, causing it to catch fire. Michael angrily breaks the table when he flipped it, yelling that he has had it, and that Grandpa should never come back to Michael's house for the rest of the week. Michael has finally changed because he was mad about the ipad pro and at his father on the 15th of November, and two days later he flipped out, fighting with Bridgette, and broke the light bulb while being locked out in the backyard when Grandpa came over and left the flash drive and the note which has the cooking video.
- November 20, 2015 - After a particularly heated family argument, Grandpa apologizes in an attempt to have Michael to come to his Thanksgiving dinner, but coming back together was declined when Michael shares stories at the Thanksgiving table, leading Grandpa to have a holiday meltdown on the 26th of November. While still mad at his dad in revert, Michael claims that Grandpa has complex along with his bipolar tendencies. Two days later, Grandpa ditches out on Michael when they were attempting to have dinner and work things out, and he kicks them out of his house the next day on Sunday because of the Thanksgiving meltdown, blaming Michael for ruining it by telling stories and telling him that Michael needs to control his anger.
- September 2, 2016 - YouTube has updated their terms of service to where videos could not receive revenue due to content not friendly to advertisers. This includes the use of language, violence, drug references, etc. This caused the newer videos of Grandpa either not swearing at all or him swearing, but extremely less and also getting angry less. At first, fans were disappointed about his new act. But then they realized YouTube is the cause of his change.
- The crossover with McJuggerNuggets in 2016, which has lead more people into believing that it's staged.
- April 8, 2017 - Michael did a video with fellow YouTuber, DaddyOFive. However, on April 17th, there were accusations that DaddyOFive was possibly abusing his kids. Michael later defended DaddyOFive, stating that he didn’t think it was actual abuse. This led many to criticize Michael, and some even believing that he himself was possibly abusive.
- June 29, 2017 - An LSD incident happened at Charlie, causing him to never show up again and being disowned from the Green family. This caused Charlie fans unsubscribing and hating.
- October 2017 onwards Michael has faked numerous ghost activity, such as the Roy Mock and Elijah Mock skit in an effort to gain publicity. There is no such thing as ghosts.
- October 28, 2017 - Youtuber user "Roasted Studios" uploads an interview with Callie Spock, who had been dating AGP from 2013-2014. Callie explains in the video that she was the one who adopted a dog named Hannah, not AGP, how he didn't build any relationship with his grandsons, often tearing up their homework and hitting them for being loud, and warns the viewers in the interview that AGP is not the person he portrays himself as.
- December 10, 2017 - Angry Grandpa dies, a severe blow to everyone, especially Michael and his family.
- December 24, 2017 onwards - Michael began uploading previously "unseen" videos on the Angry Grandpa YouTube channel. Many fans noticed that the videos were not actually unseen, but rather old videos that weren't popular (low views) or heavily edited to remove content that might get them demonetized. Michael has yet to comment on this issue and probably never will.
- January 2, 2018 - Michael uploads a video in which he responds to Logan Paul's suicide forest controversy. This video got over 12,000 dislikes because people are mad at Michael for liking Paul. Others were upset that Michael posted a video on TheAngryGrandpaShow channel when it had nothing to do with The Angry Grandpa.
- A noticeable proportion of Michael's thumbnails in 2018 involved his hands covering his face or his mouth and/or feature over-dramatic facial expressions, usually this is not present in the videos at all leading to people calling him out in the comments for using clickbait. In addition, Michael occasionally adds text to thumbnails, further prompting users to click on the videos.
- March 17, 2018 onwards - Michael continues to upload videos with clickbait titles and using a new editing technique, made famous by the Paul Brothers, leading to many fans to question why they still watch Michael's vlogs. The amount of overall views are declining as well as the number of likes which are rapidly decreasing alongside an increase of dislikes. Also, many fans and haters consider March 17, 2018 (The day a vlog titled "I'm Sorry... (Goodbye)" was uploaded) to be the start of the most infamous time period in AGP history.
- April 15, 2018 - Michael uploads a vlog titled "Delete.mp4". At the 8 minute 25 second mark in the video, he rants about people calling his vlogs clickbait, and goes on to say that he does not make clickbait videos. Michael then proceeds to cherry pick vlogs that were in fact not clickbait, purposely leaving out the blatantly misleading videos that everyone was calling him out on. This video received a significant amount of criticism, with the video (as of this writing) having over 6,000 dislikes and 14,000 likes.
- Michael started to delete negative comments and completely monitor his vlogs following the video "delete.mp4" presumably due to the amount of comments that criticize his new vlogging style after the passing of Angry Grandpa. Not only this but both Michael and Bridgette have been surrounded in criticism for not owning up to their 'clickbait' titles such as "We broke up" or "Our biggest leak ever." There is also a minority of people who are complaining about Michael's use of 'DramaAlert' thumbnails that have been in common use on the KidBehindACamera channel from mid-December 2017.
- April 20, 2018 - A vlog named "ANGRY GRANDPA'S HOUSE WAS DESTROYED!" was uploaded. In this vlog, Michael revealed that his nephews were behaving extremely poorly since the death of Angry Grandpa. They were not only misbehaving and acting disrespectful to Jenny, but they also destroyed the house. This led to Michael and Bridgette taking away the boy's gadgets and made a meeting, where they stated that the house needed to be fixed, as well as renovated. This angered many fans, and blamed the boys for being destructed and disrespectful. However, AGP's death was still really recent, and the boys still weren't sure how to react to it, so they decided that acting badly would solve the issue, which turned out to be false.
- May 7, 2018 onwards - After Grandma visited Michael for a family reunion and has lived with them since, some (ex-)fans are stating that Michael is exploiting his mother for views to shape her into 'the new Angry Grandpa', since Grandma might be mentally ill and that Michael is supposedly running out of ideas. Others are stating that he brings back the same merchandise every week to make even more money and that he doesn't care about his fans.
- Sometime before June 30, 2018 and onwards - Michael has begun to monitor all comments on KidBehindACamera which either talk about how weight, diets, poor hygiene etc even going as far as to delete comments that criticize him or Bridgette, leading to a higher number of dislikes and a growing number of angry fans. People have also begun to notice that Michael portrays fans giving him advice about his weight and bad lifestyle as "haters" and that they should "get off my channel in an instant", leading to an even bigger backlash.
- July 2018 onwards - Fans begin to notice Michael has started to change the thumbnail and/or title of his videos.
- August 9 and 10, 2018 - Michael receives severe backlash in his vlogs and Twitter after parking in a handicapped space and joking about it. To make it worse, Michael proceeded to insult and block people questioning his decision. It was also revealed that his recent diet that lasted 5 days was fake and he didn't even start it, leading to more backlash. Michael also uses more music on his vlog and uses Jennifer's teeth (or lack of them) as clickbait, leading to more controversy and hate.
- August 21, 2018 - As an example of Michael's clickbait, he uploaded a video called "We're Quiting. (You Win)" where Michael claims he is quitting YouTube...the 18th time in 9 months! (even check the thumbnails and video titles from this date!) Also, Michael also hired a fake "chef" in his vlog angering even more fans in the process. He even dismissed the criticism he was gaining from "haters" and claiming that they were only helping him by giving him attention.
- August 26, 2018 - Old tweets from 2011 resurfaced on YouTube showing Michael bullying a gay person and insulting him for being ashamed for who he is: being from the South and for liking the same sex. The tweets can be found on Michael's Twitter and this video, uploaded by the user, John Smith (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbbD9z0hMm4)
- August 31, 2018 - September 8, 2018 - Several videos were uploaded on the KidBehindACamera YouTube channel that involved around a conflict between Michael and Doug. Many people noticed that the format of the videos were remarkably similar to the kind of series that Shane Dawson makes. It was also noted that there were several moments throughout the videos that seemed too unrealistic. As a result, the video series received a large number of dislikes and negative comments from disappointed fans. The conflict has since lead to several more story-lines throughout later vlogs that are still disliked.
- September 15, 2018 - Bridgette posts on Twitter about Hurricane Florence and jokes about how she and Michael have to rebuild. The tweet received a backlash from fans who said that the joke was in bad taste. Bridgette then proceeded to call the fans "snowflakes" and "delicate" for calling her out, which added insult to injury, in it which caused an even larger backlash.
- October 1, 2018 - Michael's vlog "We're Out Of Money" received more backlash. In this vlog, he freaks out after losing a game of Monopoly and thus destroys the Monopoly game-board. He also lets a fan of them pick up their trash. This was met with both many negative comments and dislikes.
- October 30, 2018 - YouTube user "Roasted Studios" uploads a video exposing Michael and Angry Grandpa, causing almost every fan to turn their backs on Michael himself and even Angry Grandpa and felt ashamed to have even liked their videos.
- November 13, 2018 - To be
- December 20, 2018: Michael uploaded a video called "I Quit" in which Michael rants and screams about us "trolls" and "haters". This met with perhaps the worst reception ever received in a KidBehindACamera video with dislikes being far more than the likes. Eventually, to the joy of many, the video was removed by YouTube for violating their Terms of Service.
- A number of Michael's videos still contain thumbnails that feature him covering his mouth/face and/or feature over-dramatic facial expressions, as well as misleading text sometimes accompanying the thumbnails.
- May 27, 2019 - Michael's vlog "WE'VE GOT BAD NEWS! received backlash as well. The thumbnail for the vlog along with the title suggested that the unborn child had died, but it was actually all because they couldn't recognize the gender of the child.
- June 5, 2019 - Michael's vlog "MY FRIENDSHIP WITH MCJUGGERNUGGETS IS OVER" received backlash as well. Fans believed it to be a video where Michael explained that he and McJuggernuggets were no longer friends when is fact it was just to advertise their Twitter Q&A video.
- Many (ex-) fans have noticed almost every single recently uploaded KBAC (KidBehindACamera) video having a extremely massive amount of likes. Many people assume that Michael buys likes from either Google or YouTube to give his videos a large sum of likes to overpower the dislikes.
- June 21, 2019 - Michael's vlog "GRANDPA'S DREAM CAR WAS DESTROYED" received the most backlash and negative comments in all of 2019. Michael wants his viewers to believe somebody destroyed Grandpa's Chevy Bel Air while in reality, it is only covered in food from McDonald's and Taco Bell. Not only were his viewers mislead by the clickbait title (once again), but the majority of them also believed that Michael trashed Grandpa's car himself. To many people, it became clear and obvious that Michael is using Grandpa's death to make money since the very beginning of his passing and the vlog itself received a clear amount of dislikes. Some fans stated that this was very disrespectful to Angry Grandpa, as he loved that car since he was young.
- August 1, 2019 - Michael's vlog "RIP Kim" received a lot of backlash due to the thumbnail, video title, and the fact of how unoriginal and unnecessary the video was.
- August 6, 2019 - Michael's vlog "GRANDPA'S DREAM CAR WAS STOLEN" received a huge chunk of criticism due to his Dream Car destroyed vlog and the fact being that it wasn't even stolen at all. This video caused a couple of fans to unsubscribe. On the very same day, Michael begin to release his “Vlogs“ on TheAngryGrandpashow’s community tab, with much a mild criticism to the fans of TheAngryGrandpashow pointed out as Michael promote his clickbait for views, cause many to unsubscribe.
- August 8, 2019 - Michael's vlog "THE TRUTH ABOUT OUR DAUGHTER" received mild backlash due to a few reasons. One of the reasons being Michael's unborn baby was used for views for absolutely no reason. Same as the Dream Car stolen vlog, it caused a couple fans to unsubscribe.
- September 8, 2019 - Michael's vlog "GRANDPA'S ASHES WERE STOLEN" received a large amount of criticism for many of the same reasons as the dream car destruction video on June 21. Fans called the video disrespectful, staged, and overall criticized the video for milking Angry Grandpa's passing for views.
- September 23, 2019 - Michael's vlog "WE'RE SELLING GRANDPA'S DREAM CAR" received significant push-back for the same reason as many of the videos above (Disrespectful, milking his death for views, etc.).
- Several recent videos involve Michael using his unborn baby for views. Titles such as "EARLY LABOR!" "GOING INTO LABOR!!" "LABOR AND DELIVERY!!" and "THE BABY IS COMING!!" are some examples, with many fans complaining about it on Michael's Twitter page.
- Up until this point, a lot of fans unsubscribed due to Michael's clickbait and his "fans" attacking others who criticize his clickbaiting.
- Around October 2019 - Michael allegedly found out about this wiki page, so he is having his "fans" vandalize/erase the page's content.
- November 16, 2019 - Michael's vlog "BRIDGETTE IS PREGNANT AGAIN!" received mild criticism for using his baby for views. Many pointed out that Bridgette just gave birth to Mia and would need to wait a while before becoming pregnant again.
- December 29, 2019 - A vlog titled "MICHAEL RUINS CHRISTMAS" was uploaded. According to Michael and Bridgette, Michael was furious that his baby daughter was at Bridgette's mom's house. This leads to Michael having a major freakout and he toppled the Christmas tree, destroyed the presents, and trashed the decorations. The incident, however, wasn't recorded, angering many fans. Worse, this also led to Bridgette breaking up with Michael for good, even though they've already went with a breakup a few weeks ago. Fans complained that they had enough with these so-called "breakups" and wanted Michael and Bridgette to get along for once.Many fans say that this was a parody of "Angry Grandpa ruins Christmas" because Michael said in an interview that how on Christmas morning,when they were kids, someone ate Grandpa's cheese and that he slung butter against the wall and took the tree down and threw in the front yard. Many people say that it shares similarity's such as Michael taking down his tree and he slung mustard against the wall. Many fans are now believing that Michael is making parodies of old Angry Grandpa videos to make money.
- Leading into 2020, a good number of Michael's thumbnails feature him covering his mouth/face, and/or feature over-dramatic facial expressions, as well as occasional misleading text/changing the vlog title.
- January 9, 2020 - A vlog titled "BRIDGETTE SHAVES OFF MY EYEBROWS!" releases. Michael starts a day called Bridgette Day, where Bridgette makes Michael do whatever she wants him to do. One of those things she does is shave off his eyebrows. Since it has been done several times, fans feel that Michael is running out of ideas once again. Also, Bridgette decides to extend Bridgette Day to life, forcing Michael to do even more ridiculous things against his own will. At the time of writing, Bridgette Day is still in effect.It was also proven to be fake because in a video prank on StoryFire, Bridgette isn't ordering Michael around and telling what to do for "Bridgette Day" and that they are making another story-line.
- January 17, 2020 - Michael uploads a vlog titled "SHE SAID YES!" where he attempts to trick people into believing he and Bridgette got engaged. This has been done many times and fans did not fall for it, resulting in a large amount of criticism.
- Around January 21, 2020 - Michael is once again ordering his "fans" to vandalize this wiki page, doing things such as deleting the comments in the comment section.
- February 1, 2020 - The vlog "MY SISTER IS IN LOVE WITH ME!" made viewers question if Michael is trying to promote incest or not.
- February 3, 2020 - The vlog "WE LOST EVERYTHING! (WE'RE BROKE)" was uploaded. Michael claims that he bet $500,000 on the Super Bowl LIV for the San Francisco 49ers to win and lost. Similar videos like this have appeared and the two have made it out safe financially, so fans did not believe it. They also criticized Michael for his poor money management and his risky bet. However, it turned out to be another prank on Bridgette which she supposedly ends up locking him out. Many believe this to have been staged and that she let him in after the camera turned off.
- Around February 2020 - Michael ordered his fans to erase the Wiki Pages of his father and himself, leading to major backlash.
- February 5, 2020 - The vlog "THE TRUTH ABOUT OUR FAKE DAUGHTER" was upload. Michael giving the reason why they won‘t showed Mia in videos anymore, possibly due to YouTube’s Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and that since Mia is a child, it would affect their comment section. They only allowed showing Mia on their social media and Story Fire.
- February 13, 2020 - A vlog "BRIDGETTE LOST A TOOTH" was uploaded. The thumbnail showed Bridgette missing a front tooth, though with inspection, it can clearly be seen that Michael clone-stamped Bridgette's tongue over her "missing" tooth in photo shop. It also can be noted that the tooth she was holding was a molar, even though she should be missing a front tooth.
- March 7, 2020 - About a month prior, Michael proposed starting a conflict with Doug by galvanizing his fan base to interact more with his videos, to questionable success, and regardless of such, Michael intended on meeting Doug face to face. Much of Michael's videos following this announcement star Doug in the thumbnail, but not at all in the actual videos, once again, showing Michael employing clickbait tactics. Regardless, Michael recently visited Doug's house alongside Bridgette and Swift (a former McJuggernuggets cameraman). Which was portrayed in the Storyfire video "MICHAEL VS DOUG" where they approach his house, and suddenly, it cuts to Doug yelling at Swift to leave his foyer, and Bridgette is seen leaving the house. They claim that Doug attacked Swift, and Swift said "I really am pissed that I got punched" however, a clip surfaced, which shows the three approaching Doug's foyer, and Doug commanding that Michael not enter his house, and Swift attempts to enter Doug's foyer, only to be shoved, then it cuts to the scene of Doug yelling at swift to leave, alongside Bridgette visibly leaving Doug's house in a completely non-hostile manner. The situation appears to be Michael starting drama with Doug to get views, regardless of whether or not Doug wanting it, though Michael claims that Doug had invited them "ON CAMERA".
- April 5, 2020 - Michael uploads the first part to "DEAD BEAT DUNG". Michael states a bunch of lies and exaggerations to Doug to make him seem like he's all in the wrong, and got very little points right. Users criticized Michael for instigating the drama, as well as for denying the abuse and still defending his use of clickbait and shady tactics. Michael was also accused of deleting negative comments in the video to make it seem like all the viewers were siding with him. He has yet to comment on that issue.
- April 8, 2020 - Michael uploads the second part to "DEAD BEAT DUNG". This version involves a significant amount of filler, as well as only including footage of the confrontation that viewers have already seen. People accused Michael of getting lazy with the documentary and demand the third part be an improvement. Michael is also deleting the negative comments on the video like the previous part. Fans are concerned about this, and have demanded Michael to stop this practice.
- April 10, 2020 - Michael uploads the third and final part to "DEAD BEAT DUNG". This part included the anticipated fight, but it was underwhelming to say the least. Swift had exaggerated the fight and Michael provoked Doug by recording him with the camera, even though he requested that the discussion must not be filmed. In the end, the three still continue to berate Doug for "lying" and even called him out for deleting comments that supported AGP, which made them a hypocrite as they deleted comments that sided with Doug. The documentary had been a total fail quality and facts-wise and would go down as one of the worst YouTube documentaries ever.
- April 13, 2020 - Michael orders his fans to vandalize the wiki once again, not only deleting pages and comments, but also harassing multiple users. The comments would later be disabled for good a month later, since the head of the wiki, Chihaku, was sick of the drama occurring in the comments. However, the comments were reactivated in August.
- May 4, 2020 - A vlog titled "IS BRIDGETTE PREGNANT?!!" was uploaded. This is Michael's 3rd time in the past year claiming that Bridgette is pregnant, which people did not fall for, leading to mild criticism.
- May 22, 2020 - A vlog titled "OUR HOUSE IS FOR SALE *WE'RE BROKE*" was uploaded. The thumbnail looks like Michael had sold his house with his pool being empty in the back. However, all that happened was a real estate agent came interested in the house, but Bridgette denied selling it. This has lead to mild criticism in the comments.
- June 17, 2020 - A vlog titled "MY TEETH ARE FALLING OUT" was uploaded. In an almost identical circumstance to BRIDGETTE LOST A TOOTH, Michael is seen in the thumbnail pulling his mouth open, his fingers covered in blood, and a front tooth missing. However, with inspection, the missing tooth is clearly clone stamped with photoshop, and the blood is fake as well. He would rename the video "MY TEETH ARE STARTING TO ROT".
- August 5, 2020- A vlog titled "MY BROTHER APOLOGIZED" was uploaded. Charlie appears in the thumbnail and seemed to make up with Michael. In the video however, he never appears and Michael is seen demanding an apology. This lead to criticism in the comments, resulting in Michael removing the video from YouTube.
- September 2, 2020 - A vlog titled "MY BROTHER CAME TO MY HOUSE" was uploaded. The thumbnail appears to show Michael and Charlie reunited and have made up. But all that happened was someone left a letter with a phone number in Michael's mailbox saying it was Charlie. The phone number led to a Chinese restaurant. Surprisingly, most of the Youtube comments are positive while the Twitter comments point out his clickbait.
- September 8, 2020 - A vlog titled "MY NEPHEW WAS ARRESTED" was released. In this vlog, Michael revealed that the reason why they haven't uploaded that much is because JC ran away with his girlfriend because Jennifer won't let his girlfriend stay. This led to a major search party looking for JC. One night, he and his girlfriend returned. When the police arrived, however, he and his girlfriend attempted to flee the scene, leading to JC getting tased. Contrary to the title, JC was not arrested for the incident, as he went to the hospital to recover and then went home. As of the time of writing, he is still living in Jennifer's house awaiting an unknown court date.
- September 12, 2020 - The follow-up vlog to "MY NEPHEW WAS ARRESTED", "PICKLEBOY WAS ARRESTED" generated controversy similar in vain to the previously mentioned vlog. The thumbnail of the video, showing Michael's 'police mugshot' is the exact same as the mugshot of JC, leading to viewers complaining not only that Michael used JC's situation (and thumbnail) as well as his own previous story for views.
A video was uploaded on November 9, 2018 by Boogie2988 called "Interview: Kid Behind A Camera EXPOSED" which Boogie asked questions about current controversies to Michael. However, many people gave criticism to the video saying Boogie easily took in answers and he didn't give actual questions and answers. One example was when Michael says he has to clickbait because it's the only way to become popular on Youtube since its algorithm change. While this is true to a certain extent, many You-tubers don't use clickbait and are still popular (I.E. Pewdiepie).
Michael again acknowledge the controversies on January 3, 2019, Michael uploaded a vlog titled "THE TRUTH HURTS (I'M SORRY)", in which he addresses his differences from the previous year and in which he also apologizes for the lack of quality in the vlogs. He says he will make an active effort to keep the vlogs "natural". However, as of September 2020, he hasn't done anything to fufill that apology and instead kept doing clickbait and kept insulting/blocking the fans that have known Michael and AGP since TheAngryGrandpaShow first started and probably even before that when Angry Grandpa was on Break.com.